- Rose Lafont has the full name is Bernadette Lafont, was bred by Bernard Sauvageot in 2004 in France. This rose variety is named after a famous French actress, that is Bernadette Lafont (1938-2013).
- Flower shape:
- Bernadette Lafont rose has a large flower size, flower diameter of 9 - 12 cm, made up of 50 - 60 petals arranged in a simple way, with a classic but no less charming charm.
- In the fall - winter when the weather is cool, the tree will give bigger and more beautiful flowers than in the summer.
- Color: deep lotus pink, purple in cold weather and lighter in hot weather.
- Fragrance: classic passionate aroma
- Repetition of flowers: every 4-6 weeks for a flowering time. The tree blooms a lot and flowers continuously throughout the year.
- Color fastness of flowers: flowers are quite long-lasting, from the time the flower blooms to the end of the flower.
- Lafont is a worth rose that you should try to grow it in Singapore.
Here is further information of this ID Rose@ Lafont:
- Average rating: EXCELLENT-.
- Red blend Hybrid Tea.
- Registration name: SAUvachild
- Exhibition name: Bernadette Lafont ®
- Bred by Bernad Sauvageot (France, 2004).
- Introduced in France by NIRP International in 2004 as 'Bernadette Lafont'.
- Hybrid Tea.
- Fuchsia / magenta. (Fuchsia lila foncé). Strong, fruity, violets fragrance. 40 to 60 petals. Average diameter 4". Large, very full (41+ petals), borne mostly solitary, cupped, old-fashioned bloom form. Blooms in flushes throughout the season. Medium buds.
- Upright. Medium, semi-glossy, dark green foliage.
- Height: 28" to 35" (70 to 90cm). Width: up to 20" (up to 50cm).
- USDA zone 6b through 9b (default).
Suitable For Singapore Climate
Easy to grow
Bareroot roses are roses that have been removed from their soil and pruned of all blooms and leaves. We handpick 2-3 years old roses with strong roots system for the best quality. They are easier to grow and produce many blooms like other mature roses after 6 to 8 weeks.
Airlayering Rooted Roses
Air layering is a process to make a new plant from an existing plant. The section of plant stem grows roots and stays attached to the mother plant until they have formed after 1 month. Airlayering rooted roses takes 6 to 8 weeks to grow and start producing first flower. They are much cheaper than bareroots, however, they require more attention and skills for take care of them.
High Quality Products
We pride ourselves for the quality of our products. You only pay after you recieve and are happy with the products
Experts & Community Support
Our experts will support you along the journey of growing roses in Singapore. We also have active community to share tips and ticks.
Island-wide delivery in Singapore just from $10. Enjoy our express door-step delivery